Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Releasing le Chat from le Sac

Though I’ve been thinking, planning, "espoiring" for some time now, I may not have yet made it generally known that I’ll be taking my gonzo French learning on the road to Paris in June.

I plan to test thoroughly the adage that immersion is the key to absorbing a language. I certainly do not expect to become fluent sur mon premiere sejour, but I hope that two months in France will give my frustratingly lacking skills at understanding native speakers a boost, give me ample time to soak up the culture, and, bien sûr, give me time to relax a bit.

It will also give me more time to write about learning French, j’espere, as it will be a both writing and language-learning sabbatical from my post, the charming apartment of a dear friend in the 12th arrondissement.

Stay tuned for les details!

No comments:

Post a Comment