Saturday, December 5, 2009

Bienvenue

Welcome to Franglaphone,

A collection of thoughts and tips from my adventures in learning the French language and culture. I'm a debutante, but sans jupe as one Francophone recently observed. I think it was apropos, as I would characterize myself a practical learner, with the primary goal of communicating with actual people in spoken French, for the purpose of making friends and being able to converse with them en Français. Still, I am also curieuse, and want to know the rules and la raison, not just what sounds right.

Like many adult learners, I'm always looking for ways to improve my vocabulary and comprehension. I visit French conversation groups everywhere I go--recently Oahu, Seattle, and Spokane--soon, I hope, in France! I'll share my discoveries with you, partly in English, partly en Français, bien sûr.

Alors, on y va.
Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment